onsdag 10 mars 2010

Einstürzende Neubauten - Kollaps (1981)



I want to say that it's one of my favorite albums, but I don't know how many favorites one is allowed to have. Definetely my favorite album with Neubauten, but that might be because it's the hardest one, which usually is the case when I like an album from an artists or groups catalogue.
I think I heard this one back in 2003 the first time, which is 22 years after it was released. I was 17 and had recently grown very tired of the Black Metal genre, well mostly the people in it and the artists image, not so much the music, so I dug deep into the noise scene instead, started listening to Merzbow, MZ.412, Folkstorm, Whitehouse (P.E I know). I had listened to Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds since I was 13 and hadn't really cared about checking out Neubauten earlier even though I knew Blixa was the frontman, but then I saw that they were coming to Sweden, so I started checking them out. And I was blown away. The real noise. Not just someone who's short-circuiting distortionpedals, or just doing digital noise. This was the real shit. The use of construction tools, materials, the hammering on shopping carts, Blixas "not even No Wave"-guitar play and his voice really got me.
This is without a doubt the roughest album, "unlistenable" if you want. But it's also the darkest, according to me. Just listen to U-Haft Muzak. Might be one of the most evil tracks ever.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar