torsdag 25 mars 2010

Mono - Live at Strand 25/3 2010



It's been a couple of years since I really listened a lot to "post rock", and back then I was in deep with Mogwai, Red Sparrows, Explosions In The Sky, Mono and the likes. But my musical growth has not been in the best interest of Mono. I remeber really liking "One Step More and You Die", which I realized yesterday was the only album I could recall hearing, even though I certainly listened to "Under the Pipal Tree" and "You Are There" as well.
A friend of mine said that Mono were pioneers, with what they were doing, but that might have been an overstatement. Mogwai released "Young Team" three years before Mono started. Mono and Explosions In The Sky released their debut albums in 2001.

The show was enjoyable in a way, but it felt so kind, innocent and in a way amateuristic (as in a band being young, trying to sound like their idols, but not being on the same level). That might be a bit harsh, but they didn't come aross as the veterans they are. They seemed cliché, not that interesting and no that exciting. The crescendos sometimes seemed added because it was expected, and the "wonderful dynamics in their live performance" I've heard people telling me about and reading about didn't strike me that hard.
As another friend pointed out - it felt like watching the supporting act of Mogwai.
The show was enjoyable for a while, but tiresome in the end.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar