onsdag 26 maj 2010

The Anals - [2006] Commando of Love 7''



I saw the band name together with A.H. Kraken, since they both seem to be part of the new wave of french fucked-up rock, being from the same city, Metz, which by now should be renamed Metz Rock City.
Hadn't heard them earlier, don't know if I even listened to them on myspace before I ordered this 7''. But when I put the record on I was amused, confused, a bit abused even. When Commando of Love starts I almost expect to hear Bachs - Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, you know that classical piece, used in horror movies, but the songs continues with drums and what I think is guitar, but can't be sure, might be keyboard, as said, I am confused. The vocals comes in with the words "She was in love with an SS, who was in love with a jew". Yes, I am not kidding. And the rest of the lyrics to this song is equally great/weird.
The Anals list D.A.F as their main influence, and if they are anything like the Anals, I might need to check them out. A.H. Kraken has done a D.A.F cover, and list them as an influence as well, so if they are to both bands and not just a band mentioned for fun, D.A.F might be the next thing I review.
The B-side on this record is for you to enjoy without a hint of what to expect, but it isn't as astonishing as the track Commando of Love.
Get your own damn copy of this amazing 7''!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar