torsdag 20 mars 2014

Record collection, Part 1, # - AL - 20/3-14


Since I'm studying at home more or less every day, I decided to start a new project, I'm gonna listen through all my vinyls (LP's, 12''s, 10''s and 7''s).

Since this is a rather interesting experience, going through 14 years of vinyl purchases stretching over different genre-focused periods of my life (and it's gonna be really weird genre-jumps here and there, I promise), I thought I could might as well share this with you.

The order will be: LP's/12''s from #-Z, then 10''s and lastly the 7''s. Alphabetically and chronologically. 
There won't be any extensive reviews of the records, I'm gonna keep it short, to keep your interest up and to limit my time in front of the blog, since main focus should be reading about charismatic christianity and pentecostalism.
So here we go, Part 1.

7 Year Rabbit Cycle - Wind Machines (LP)
2004 (Free Porcupine Society)
A great album by a favorite artist, but I prefer the previous album Animal People. The weird mixture of folk/psych/experimental/noiserock  makes this a musical masterpiece.
I stumbled across this is in a used record store in Stockholm, hadn't heard anything by them but a friend of mine had mentioned this album to me, certain that I would like it. And I really did.


8-Eyed Spy - S/T (LP)
1981 (Fetish Records)
A short-lived Lydia Lunch project (they dissolved because they got too popular) after Teenage Jesus & The Jerks. Funky and catchy No Wave with Jim Sclavunos (now a Grinderman and a Bad Seed) on drums.
Found it at a market in Berlin.

13th Floor Elevators - Fire In My Bones (LP)
1985 (Texas Archive Recordings)
A compilation of TV, live and studio recordings and short interviews. I've always preferred 13th Floor Elevators to Roky Erickson later stuff. A record fair find.

A.H. Kraken - Elle avait peut-être 19 ans mais pour moi elle en aura toujours 12 (LP)
2008 (In The Red Records)
The new wave of No Wave from France. Really echoing of '78-'81 No Wave as well as Arab On Radar. A highly recommended album for fans of DNA, Teenage Jesus & The Jerks and newer No Wave/Noiserock.
 
A.H. Kraken - Tatiana (S/S 12'')
2009 (Gaffer Records / Down Boy Records)
A dirty follow-up 12'', more lo-fi and less "funky" if that is a word to use for this kind of music.

Abruptum - Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectère Me (Pic-LP)
1999 (Blooddawn Productions) / 1993 (Deathlike Silence Productions)
Bought this way back in my limimal phase between Black Metal and Noise, guess I was around 16-17 or so. Back then, this was exactly what I wanted to do, one foot in Black Metal and the other in Noise/Experimental, the results will forever be buried in a folder on my hard-drive.

Abruptum - Casus Luciferi (LP)
2004 (Blooddawn Productions / Regain Records)
A lot less Black Metal and more Martial Industrial/Noise than previous outputs, hence Cold Meat Industry releases comes to mind, as a point of reference, and also a little early Sunn O))). Dark and very monotonous.


Alfarmania / Ättestupa - Stenstans Fördärv / Mitt Blod, Min Kropp (Split-LP)
2010 (Release The Bats)
A couple of years ago I was extremely into Ättestupa, listened to them daily. I loved the Post Punk-ish/Black Metal influenced noise they put together.
This is probably the only recording of Alfarmania I have heard, but it's good stuff as well!

Alpinist - Minus.Mensch (LP)
2009 (Alerta Antifascista / Phobiact Records / Contraszt! Records)
Discovered them rather recently, probably during 2012, when I got a tip to check out Momentums second album Herbivore (coming when we get to M), and I browsed through Doomrocks Mailorders website. This is the debut album by austrian Alpinist. Amazing Hardcore. Highly recommended!


Alpinist - Lichtlaerm (LP)
2010 (Vendetta Records / Phobiact Records)
Actually even better than the debut.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar