onsdag 24 februari 2010

Arab On Radar - Queen Hygiene II



For some reason, I didn't listen that much to Arab On Radar earlier. Even though I should have. It's right up my alley. I started listening to The Locust when I was in 8th grade, and I had the songs of their split with Arab On Radar on my computer back then, but I didn't care that much about the other band on that split. Probably wasn't that anal in my musical interest, investigating every band that's mentioned in the same sentence, "similar artist", label collegues, side projects and reading biograpies. Well, it's easy to say that things have changed.
Anyway, to get back to the subject. This record is in a way all that I want from my own musical career. Hooking bass lines, spastic drums, nonsense no wave-y guitar riffs, repetetive, monotonous and a very personal singing style. Well, The Birthday Party is in every way and aspect what I want to do musically myself. But Arab On Radar isn't that far from it, less evil and dark maybe.
This might be my favorite album with the Arabs and it's a huge tip to you out there who hasn't heard this band yet.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar