söndag 28 februari 2010

Robert Johnson & Punchdrunks



I had a very unhappy daughter yesterday, and the only way to get her to calm down was to have her in my arms and move. So I put on this record and started moving to the rhythm.
I always want to start a surf band, when I listen to RJaP. Without a doubt the coolest surf band ever. The Link Wray covers are so much meaner than the original, I mean "Jack The Ripper" on this album is a reason to buy the whole thing.
This may be my favorite album with the Punchdrunks, it's evil in a way, harsh and in-your-face.



I put on this as well, after "Feels Like Buzz Aldrin". The first album, more garage rock than the following albums. Here you have such great tracks as "Hava Nagila", "Misirlou", mostly known for the Dick Dale & The Deltones interpretation in Pulp Fiction, or by others, the people without any sense for real music, famous for the crappy Black Eyed Peas theft. You also got The Rumblers "Boss" and Link Wray's "Rumble". The saxophone on this album is a really great addition to the riffs.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar